“Design is everything” – Paul Rand, Author and Designer
Many projects have specific requirements that standard linear lighting will not satisfy. Our tailor-made curved solutions have been designed specifically to allow custom configurations, lengths and radii. The Curve gives you the freedom to just let light flow elegantly through complex architectural interiors.
Create long light curves, simple arcs or beautiful sinuous forms; the possibilities are endless.
The Curve profiles are unique to our range in that the width of the fitting can be customised via purpose CNC routered backplates and diffusers. The innovative engineering inside the luminaire incorporates all the individual components and provides a slim, curved line of illumination.
Tailor-Made For You
We specialise in tailor-made products and will work with you to find the perfect curved lighting solution. Using our knowledge and experience, we will draft up a design and then supply you with sign-off drawings for approval.
We have three Curves available, each with a different sidewall height of 65 mm, 84 mm or 100 mm.
- Curve 1 https://www.optaled.com/tailor-made/curve-1
- Curve 2 https://www.optaled.com/tailor-made/curve-2
- Curve 3 https://www.optaled.com/tailor-made/curve-3
Once you have chosen your Curve, you can then dictate the product’s configuration by customising your width and radii. Variable profile widths are available from 30 mm to 300 mm and radii from 500 mm.
The Curve can be suspended, recessed or surface mounted. It has been designed for efficient installation either affixed directly to the surface area, secured with our suspension cables or built with plaster-in beading for a complete recessed fit.
Black, white or silver painted profile finish as standard, or you can have your Curve vinyl wrapped in one of the hundreds of beautiful and unique finishes.
Each Curve is equipped with our high output led boards or flexible led strip offering a range of lumen packages including 2700K, 3000K, 4000K, RGB and RGBW. Or you can adjust the colour temperature to suit your environment with our tunable white offer.
Our opal and microprismatic optics have been specially developed for the diffusion of LED technology. They feature a high degree of rigidity, excellent heat resistance, low glare and outstanding light distribution.
Fixed output, mains dimmable or DALI controls are available in all our Curved profiles. Make the install and commissioning of your lighting more efficient by adding one of our smart control solutions: https://www.optaled.com/news/intelligent-lighting-controls
Our curved products are manufactured and tested by us here in Somerset. They are given our standard five-year warranty with an optional one year warranty for UK projects where an on-site visit from us can be requested following the installation
Your lighting should always tell a story about who you are.”
Curve Specification Options
- Profile Height – 65mm / 84mm / 100mm
- Profile Width – 40mm / 70mm / 100m. Variable profile widths available from 30 mm to 300 mm.
- Radius – tailor-made radii available from 500 mm.
- Mounting – suspended, surface mounted or recessed.
- Profile Finish – black (RAL 9005), white (RAL 9016/9010), silver (RAL 9006) or vinyl wrapped on request.
- Optic – opal or MPO diffuser
- Light Distribution – direct (Curve 1 & 2) direct/indirect (Curve 3)
- LED – CCT 2700K, 3000K, 4000K, tunable white, RGB and RGBW.
- LED Lifetime – up to 50,000 hours.
- Efficacy – up to 123 LL/CW.
- Controls – fixed output, mains dim or DALI.
- Material – aluminium sidewall profile.
- IP Rating – IP20 as standard.
- Operating Temperature – 25°C ~ 50°, no UV or IR emissions.
- Additional Components – PIR/daylight sensors and DALI self-test emergency.
- Warranty – 5 year warranty.