Recolight was set up by the lighting industry to provide WEEE compliance for the lighting industry
As a Recolight Member you can be confident that you are joining the scheme that has no hidden costs; charging is per lamp put on market which means you can forecast what you will be charged each month.
You can be assured you will get the best advice from Recolight; the specialist, not for profit, lighting scheme for all business and household lighting. We fully understand the way WEEE impacts lighting and act to minimise the impact of this to your business.
Recolight is active in lobbying to make sure that the WEEE regulations and associated legislation are right for the lighting industry and its customers.
Recolight operates in a radically different way from other WEEE schemes. Most schemes with a lighting obligation simply buy lamp recycling evidence to meet their obligations. Instead, at Recolight we offer the customers of our members a free of charge recycling service. For our members, that means the additional benefits for their customers are material. It moves WEEE from simply a compliance function, and into a value added solution.
- Reporting is per lamp put on market which means you have no hidden costs and can forecast what you will be charged each month.
- We can help you with recycling lamps and luminaires across Europe, making sure you meet your obligations under the WEEE Directive.
- Recolight members have recycled more GDLs, LEDs and luminaires in total than any other UK scheme – over 36,000 tonnes since 2007.
- Average annual membership growth of 16% from 2009 to 2015, proof that we’re the lighting industry’s scheme of choice.
- We have a dedicated customer service team managing over 750 waste lamp and luminaire collections per month.
- UK wide network of over 3200 collection points giving our members and their customers access to FREE recycling.
- Committed to maximising the recycling of all lighting in scope of the WEEE regulations.
- Accredited by the Environment Agency for B2B and B2C.
- Not for profit – maximising funds available to provide free recycling.
- With compliance scheme partners in virtually every European country,
- Recolight attend the Lighting Europe WEEE Working Group, and are members of the CENELEC and BSI WEEE standards committees.